Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Chemo Week: I Can See the Light!

My last chemotherapy treatment is set for Wednesday morning. I have a checkup with my oncologist at 9:15 a.m. to take a look and make sure everything seems "normal". I guess we'll talk about what happens next, when I come back for checkups or bloodwork, and to tie up loose ends. She said last time that I'll have a CAT scan done to look for any other weird stuff in my body. Not sure if I can spare any more organs so it better come back clean!

Assuming I have chemo tomorrow (they typically get postponed a week), I've decided to give a run-down on how I feel and what medications I have to take throughout the day for every day of chemo week since it's my last one. I wanted to do this in case there was someone out there who was going through this too, or is about to, and was interested in how I deal with it. I plan on being completely honest. I do not want anyone to assume that the medications that I take and how I take them are the right ones for them unless they've spoken to their doctor about it.

Everyone has a different way of coping with pain, and for me, every chemo week is different. I've learned how to lessen some of the effects but I'd be lying if I said I was pain free. The bottom line is most effects have a pill and most pills have an effect. New ailments occur all the time. This is just how I try to survive.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You truly rock my world.

The Last Lecture