Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Chemo Postponed a Week

Well, I went in to have my last exam and chemotherapy treatment today and I got the good/bad news that it would be postponed a week. My platelet counts were 65,000 (they have to be 100,000) and my white blood cell counts were also low. They say it gets worse and worse toward the end and harder to recover between treatments. I feel pretty good; just tired.

So my doctor said she thinks I'm just fine and didn't notice anything abnormal. I will have a CAT scan 3 weeks after my last chemo. I will also have to have a colonoscopy and a mammogram. Not too excited about either of those but I'll get them regularly for the rest of my life.

So that's it. I'll take some video during chemo and record the daily goings-on and pill-popping starting Tuesday, September 11th. Can't wait to be done!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After reading your story all I can say is wow...you are truly amazing! Thanks for sharing your story - you are such an inspiration. Glad to hear you're nearing the end of your chemo. :-)

The Last Lecture